Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Protenus is paving the way in healthcare for a comprehensive approach to compliance analytics. Faced with mounting regulatory responsibilities and concerns, our customers use the Protenus platform and its modules to systematically evaluate and audit their workflows across a multitude of clinical, pharmaceutical, and workforce management IT systems. Our flagship product – Privacy on AutoPilot – is now the leading solution for Patient Privacy monitoring, as highlighted by our 2020 award for Best in KLAS and 2019 Black Book’s acknowledgment as the Top Patient Privacy solution in healthcare. We’re now quickly following with our Pharmacy Surveillance offering and anticipate defining and growing more capabilities in this exciting and vitally important space.
We are seeking an experienced engineering leader to drive the delivery of the core Protenus platform, developing our technical leadership, engineers and the engineering culture at Protenus in the process. You’ll collaborate closely with our VP of Product and CTO in defining our product roadmap – then manage delivery against that roadmap through your use of good engineering process, leadership and leveraging your past experience in SaaS product development.
- Manage, develop and engage a team of 14+ engineers and technical leaders responsible for the development of the Protenus core platform: our UI, data processes & warehousing, and data acquisition tools. Ensure proper alignment of individuals to roles & responsibilities so as to drive delivery, maximize value and build long term, engaging paths for professional development.
- Implement best practices for SaaS product development to drive quality, consistency and velocity. Identify, communicate and monitor appropriate KPIs to communicate, evaluate and improve from.
- Partner with our VP of Product to define quarterly product roadmaps, then ensure successful delivery against the roadmap on agreed upon timelines.
- Take responsibility for the architecture and building of the Protenus core. Contribute as a senior technical leader in shaping the Protenus platform architecture and making important technology selection decisions with the CTO, VP of DevOps and our Principal Engineers.
- Work with the CTO to mature the engineering organization at Protenus: embracing Agile process and continuous improvement, identifying and developing necessary technical expertise in current and future staff, and finding ways to challenge staff in alignment with Protenus business needs and technical direction.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Protenus platform so as to be an expert resource in pre and post-sale customer relations.
- Represent Protenus at recruitment events, tech/social affairs, etc. Help Protenus source the key technical talent critical to our continued growth.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- 15+ years experience in Technical Management and Leadership roles focused on the delivery of software products, with 5 or more years on SaaS products generating >$20M in annual revenues. Experience managing an engineering department of more than 15 staff: individual contributors and leader/managers, remote and local.
- A strong background in Agile process and frameworks, with demonstrated experience managing multiple Agile teams (3 or more) in collaboration with Product Management. You are an adept Agile coach and practitioner.
- 5+ years experience building software products for a regulated industry vertical – such as Health, Finance, Defense or Energy, Strong preference for experience in products that are data intensive and address compliance/regulatory requirements. Experience with User Behavioral Analytics (UBA) highly preferred.
- Strong technical roots and a skillbase to draw on that intersects well with Protenus’ tech stack & development tools:
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket) & CI/CD using Jenkins
- Backend ETL & AI processes in Scala & Python w/ Spark
- UI development in ReactJS, Java REST services
- Mongo db
- Familiar with and have adopted DevOps as a methodology for SaaS software delivery and operational management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline. Graduate degree preferred.
- Working understanding of HIPAA, SOC-II, Meaningful Use, and UBA.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. You listen with empathy, ask insightful questions and develop informative dialogue with staff and stakeholders. You trust your instincts, but know the importance of data driven decision making.
- A passion for solving serious problems in healthcare and a desire to make a positive impact on it through your career. You want to help our customers, their employees, and the patients in their care.
The Protenus healthcare compliance analytics platform uses artificial intelligence to audit every access to patient records for the nation’s leading health systems. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions. This year, Protenus was named one of the Top Workplaces in Baltimore by The Baltimore Sun, a Best Place to Work by The Baltimore Business Journal, one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare, and received our Great Place to Work certification.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.