Baltimore, Maryland or Remote
Protenus is an AI-powered healthcare compliance analytics platform that works with health systems to save money and reduce risk across their organizations. Faced with mounting regulatory responsibilities and concerns, our customers use the Protenus platform to systematically evaluate and audit their workflows across a multitude of clinical, pharmaceutical, and workforce management IT systems. Our flagship product – Privacy on AutoPilot™ – is now the leading solution in healthcare compliance analytics, as highlighted by the platform being ranked the top solution in patient privacy monitoring by Black Book and KLAS Research. We’re now quickly following with our Diversion Surveillance offering and anticipate developing more products in this exciting and vitally important space.
Protenus builds simple, beautiful software products for healthcare, and values design as a core element of who we are as a company. As a result, the Designer is a key member of the Protenus team. The Designer works as a resource to functional teams, across the entire organization, to instill the company’s design vision into how we communicate with all of our stakeholders: Protenus team members, future and current customers, and the general public.
- Contribute individually to a variety of design projects, including trade show signage, collateral, content layout, digital assets, conference presentations, video production, and brand development and other unique projects that enhance the Protenus brand.
- Understand Protenus customers, industry, and value, to design in a way that resonates, delights, and contributes to business objectives.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of company processes, design processes, and how design can support team needs.
- Gather design requirements from across the company and build templates and workflows to empower the team with brand consistency.
- Work autonomously to complete design projects from concept to completion, beginning every project with business objectives in mind and developing creative design to address critical business needs.
- Fluent in the Protenus style guide, with an understanding of the spirit of the Protenus brand and designs with that in mind.
- Maintain design standards and brand consistency across the company, aligning how the company is represented to Protenus branding.
- Communicate the Protenus brand effectively across teams and departments, including training others on the style guide and applying our brand.
- Collaborate across the company to develop, direct, execute, and evaluate design projects, including building consensus among stakeholders, and turning complex objectives into great design for customers, both internal and external.
- Continually refine design processes, seeking out areas for improvement and making recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience creating visual assets for projects to help achieve business goals
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in design strategy and execution
- Ability to meet deadlines, accurately estimate work, and progress projects toward completion inside collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in design fundamentals including layout, visual hierarchy, color, typography, and iconography.
- Experience using design tools like Sketch, Adobe CS, and knowledge of how to design for HubSpot templates, WordPress experience
- Strong communication skills
- Data-driven, detail-oriented, and highly collaborative
The Protenus healthcare compliance analytics platform uses artificial intelligence to audit every access to patient records for the nation’s leading health systems. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions. This year, Protenus was named one of The Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare and one of the Best Places to Work in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.