Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Protenus builds simple, beautiful software products for the healthcare compliance and risk sector. We take what has generally been a dry and regimented problem space and introduce elegant design and artificial intelligence. Our solutions are loved by our customers and highly effective.
Reporting to the VP of Product and collaborating with key members of engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success, this person will act as a key member of our team. They will be responsible for providing full stack product management to our two core products – Privacy and Drug Diversion. Your main areas of focus within the product management space will be: roadmap and backlog management, user experience, product design, market research, and overall product lifecycle management. You will also be a key voice at the company, informing the VP of Product, CTO, and CEO’s overall strategy and vision.
The goal of the position is to drive scale for our Privacy product, while also maintaining its current state of Best in KLAS. In addition to this, you would be working with the VP of Product to find product market fit and category leadership for Drug Diversion solution.
- Own product roadmap, backlog, and lifecycle management of our Privacy and Drug Diversion products. We expect all team members to dive head first into what is a unique collection of problems in the healthcare compliance analytics space and soak up information at a rapid pace.
- Proactively work with customer success, subject matter experts, sales and marketing to discover problems in the market and properly define and prioritize their business value.
- Provide insight and data, both quantitative and qualitative, to help our management team craft our vision and strategy.
- Frequently run experiments that inform growth opportunities and ensure our products continue to meet the demands of a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Manage our product analytics stack and ensure product features are properly tracked and evaluated. You will be responsible for removing underperforming features as well as adding new ones.
- Ensure a collaborative inclusive design process with marketing, risk and compliance, engineering, design, and analytics teams.
- Build strong relationships with our customers and support sales efforts when needed.
- Select and own a prioritization framework that ensures we quantitatively prioritize our roadmap in a manner that aligns with our business values and objectives.
- Oversee planning and design sessions with a multi-discipline engineering team made up of front end, back end, data engineers and scientists.
- Be an active member of the day to day sprint process and ensure deliverables stay on schedule and are successfully shipped.
- Determine product and experiment KPIs and success metrics – happiness, engagement, adoption, retention, and task success.
- Drive core aspects of product launches via a cross functional/go to market team made up of engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in B2B solutions.
- 1-2 years working on a product in the AI, ML, and or analytics space
- Prior experience in healthcare or another highly regulated industry that routinely has to address privacy, security, and compliance challenges.
- Pride yourself on having a wide arrange of PM skills
- Ability to deploy processes improvements to multiple teams across different disciplines.
- Inspiring communicator – passionate when needed, always clear and direct, yet maintains a strong sense of empathy.
- Organized and efficient writing skills – We are in a complex problem space that requires a lot of written collaboration. Your product briefs and requirements must be impactful, crisp, and focused.
- Excellent customer management skills – you have been part of enterprise sales processes, bonus if you have experience with large health systems.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with tools for doing data analysis (Excel, Looker, SQL)
- Experience conducting market and user research in an emerging field
- Used prioritization frameworks like Kano, Business Value, Opportunity Scoring
- Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
The Protenus healthcare compliance analytics platform uses artificial intelligence to audit every access to patient records for the nation’s leading health systems. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions. This year, Protenus was named one of the Top Workplaces in Baltimore by The Baltimore Sun, a Best Place to Work by The Baltimore Business Journal, one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare, and received our Great Place to Work certification.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.